Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bugs

2s & 3s Storytime: Bugs


Books read:
1. Some Bugs by Angela DiTerlizzi
2. I Love Bugs! by Emma Dodd 
3. Butterfly, Butterfly by Petr Horacek

Songs used:
1. Itsy Bitsy Spider (with spider hand-puppet)
2. The Ants Go Marching 
Flutter, flutter butterfly, floating in the sweet spring sky
Floating by for all to see, floating by so merrily
Flutter, flutter butterfly, floating in the sweet spring sky

4. Bumblebee, Bumblebee 
Bumblebee, bumblebee, landing on my nose.
Bumblebee, bumblebee, now he’s on my toes.
On my arms, on my legs, on my elbows.
Bumblebee, bumblebee he lands and then he goes! 

Bug Basket I have a bunch of giant bug figurines that I use as a material in my toddler playgroup program. They're very realistic looking, so I decided to do a short segment in this storytime where I brought one bug out of the basket at a time, and we named them. This is a great for language and vocabulary development!

Repeating Elements in each 2s & 3s Storytime:

No comments:

Post a Comment