Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Winter


2s & 3s Storytime: Winter


Hello Song: Little Round Bubble


Book: One Mitten by Kristine O’Connell George


Song: 5 Little Snowmen
For a little fingerplay, use your fingers to count down from 5, or you can make this into a felt board song, with 5 felt snowman and take them off as you go.

5 little snowmen, all in a row.
Each with a hat. And a big, orange nose. (point to head, nose)
Out came the sun. And it stayed all day. (big round arms over head)
And one of those snowmen melted away. (fingers coming down, like rain)
4 little snowmen… (continue counting down)

Book: Winter Lullaby by Barbara Seuling

Song: There’s Something In the Snow
There’s something in the snow, now what can it be?
There’s something in the snow that I can’t really see.
Hear its funny sound…HOWL HOWL HOWL
A wolf is what I found!

CAW CAW CAW, A cardinal is what I found!
GRR GRR GRR, A bear is what I found!
WADDLE WADDLE WADDLE, A penguin is what I found!
Continue with any animal you would like. I have everyone pat their knees as they sing. It is great to get a good rhythm going to this tune! I also printed off and laminated photos of each animal (real photos) and held them in my lap. They had to guess the animal based on the sound I made, so once they got the sound, I would hold up the photo. If they couldn't guess it, then I would hold up the photo and then they would get it!


Wiggle release and rhyme time:
1. Wiggle and Wiggle and Stop
2. Wiggle Your Hands Way Up High…
3. Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
4. Roly Poly


Book: Winter: A Pop-Up Book by David A. Carter


Song: Dance Like Snowflakes (with scarves).

Sing it: Slow, Fast, Loud, Quiet, Up, Down 
Dance like snowflakes, dance like snowflakes
In the air, in the air
Whirling, twirling snowflakes
Whirling, twirling snowflakes
Everywhere, everywhere

Goodbye Song: The More We Get Together 
(with signs for only the words "more" and "friends")

No comments:

Post a Comment